Crafts Weekends 2013
- Sunday 7 April
- 9.30 – 4pm
- £90 (includes snacks, lunch, ingredients and several products to take home.)
- Gail Francombe
Learn to make luxurious natural skincare products from the finest botanical ingredients. This will be a creative, hands–on, and informative class.
- Learn how to use wonderful natural ingredients: raw organic cocoa butter and shea butter, organic coconut oil, beeswax, cold pressed oils, essential oils, and herbs.
- See what can be made from local ingredients, including herbs from your own back garden.
- Make products free of chemicals and preservatives and full of goodness.
- Take home the products you make, and the knowledge glean, to make them at home!
- Nourishing Rose Face Cream, Cleansing Oil, Nourishing Lip Balm, Body Butter, and Bath Bombs.
Gail runs a natural skincare business ‘Goodness & Wonder’. She produces and sells a range of 100% natural products including facial oils, cleansers, masks, body butters, and bath treats. See www.goodnessandwonder.co.ukBook Natural Skincare
- 7 – 9 June
- Norah Kennedy
Make willow baskets, garden structures, plant supports, sculptures, and decorations. Learn an eco-friendly skill using local renewable materials! There will be time to make at least two small baskets, or one larger one. Advice will be available for those wanting to grow their own willow. After an introductory film on Friday night, there will be tuition from 9.30am until 4pm on both the Saturday and Sunday. This weekend is suitable for both beginners and for those with experience.
There will be an extra charge of £5 – £20 for materials. Norah is an experienced, practising basket maker, and has been teaching this age-old craft here, and all over the country, for many years.
It may be possible to book for one of the days only. Please ask.
The weekend begins on Friday evening and finishes at about 4pm on the Sunday.Book Willow Basket Making
- 5 – 7 July
- Vicky Hirsch
Create a mosaic by recycling old crockery into beautiful panels. Learn how to cut, lay and grout, and enjoy the delights of deliberately smashing china! Vitreous glass tiles, mirrors and nuggets will also be available and please bring your own broken or chipped china to incorporate.
Vicky is a multi-talented craftswoman with many years of teaching experience.Book Making Mosaics Weekend
- Wed 28th August – Sunday 1st September
- Adult £294 • Child (over 12) £196
- Mary Maguire
This break begins on Wednesday evening at 7pm, and finishes after lunch on Sunday.
A few days to be creative and relax. We will explore different textile techniques, including, embroidery, needle felting, and appliqué.
We can use these techniques to make bags, cushions, or clothing. Bring along clothes that you would like to embellish or revitalize. This is a chance to be inspired and try something new. There will delicious healthy food, opportunities to join in yoga classes, go for walks, relax in the garden, and simply ‘be’ here at Lower Shaw Farm
Please note: The price includes accommodation, all meals and snacks, but there may be an extra charge for materials used.
Mary Maguire always has a beautiful sewing project on the go, specialises in bringing new life to old things, and has been teaching textiles for many years.Book Textile Crafts Break
- 15 – 17 November
- £144 Adult • £96 Children (aged 11 and up)
- Mary Maguire and Vicky Hirsch
Come and join us for a cosy winter weekend preparing for the festive season. Learn how to make small gifts and tree decorations, learn a simple printing technique to make cards and labels, and pick up some new ideas for gift-wrappings.Book Christmas Crafts